WB Epoxy Color:
A Pigmented Water Based Epoxy Coating that is a two part waterborne epoxy coating using 1:1 (equal) volumetric mixing of resin and hardener. It is easy to mix, easy to use and provides superior hide and coverage. WB Epoxy Color is applied over concrete and other substrates by brush, roller or spray equipment. It dries quickly, and is usually “lacquer dry” (dust free) within 60 – 90 minutes. The unique lacquer dry cure allows Rhino WB Epoxy Color to be recoated quickly. The material has a long work time (2 -3 hrs) which allows larger batches to be mixed.
Features & Benefits:
- Easy to mix, easy to use & low odor
- 1:1 mixture – resin to hardener by volume
- Long working time of 2 – 3 hours
- Extended recoat window (>48 hours)
- Very fast dry (lacquer dry – dust free, tack free) in 60 – 90 minutes
- Great “hide” covers in one coat at >150 sq ft/gallon
- Seals and bonds to concrete and is the perfect pigmented base coat for the entire family of Rhino systems.
- Superior adhesion to concrete, providing a perfect bond, and preventing bubbles and other “out-gassing” issues when over-coated with Rhino Epoxy and Rhino Polyurethane top coats.
- May be used as a light duty concrete coating providing superior dust control and good appearance.
- Can be applied directly to properly prepared metal substrates.
- Coverage Rate 150 – 200 sq. ft./gallon
- Solids by Volume (%) 65%
- Mixed Viscosity, cps 400 – 600
- Mixing Ratio 1:1 by volume
- Working Time 2 – 3 hours
- Lacquer Dry (dust free) Time 60 – 90 min.
- Walk-on Time (light traffic) 4 – 6 hours after application
- Cure Time (return to service) Overnight
- VOC (grams per liter) 75
Conditions to Avoid:
- Do not apply to concrete less than 28 days old
- Do not apply to concrete with curing or sealing membranes.
- Do not apply to base concrete at a temperature less than 55ºF.