A Novolac Epoxy Coating & Lining… that is a high is a high quality Bis-F epoxy with superior chemical and abrasion resistance versus Bis-A type epoxy resins. This tightly cross linked epoxy system cures in the presence of moisture and humidity with excellent mechanical properties. Rhino 9700 mixes using the industry standard, 2:1 by volume ratio. Having low odor, Rhino 9700 contains no solvents and is 100% solids that assures ease of application. Rhino 9700 Novolac viscosity is well suited for vertical applications.
Features & Benefits:
- Superior chemical and abrasion resistance
- Excellent bonding
- Highly resistant to cratering or blush
- Dries to a high gloss
- Low odor
- 100% solids, no solvents
- Cures in the presence of moisture and humidity with excellent mechanical properties
- Recommended for vertical applications where increased resistance to acids, bases and solvents is desired.
- Great coating in areas were high concentrations of chemicals are used.
- Primary and secondary containment
- Chemical tanks and disposal pits or tunnels
Application Properties at 77°F (25°C):
- Solids by Volume (%) 100%
- Volatile Organic Content (VOC) 0 lbs./gal
- Mixing Ratio 2:1 by volume
- Viscosity Thixotropic (for vertical surfaces)
- Pot Life (neat coating) 25 – 30 minutes
- Application Temperature 55°F minimum, 100°F maximum
- Maximum Re-coat Time 24 hours
- Dry To Touch 6 – 8 hours
- Light Traffic 14 – 16 hours
- Return To Service 24 – 36 hours
- Full Cure 7 days
- Rhino 9700 Novolac complies with ACI Standard 503.1 – 4 and ASTM C-881-90 Type I, II, IV, V, VI and VII. Grade 2, Class B, C, D, E and F. Rhino 9700 cures in presence of moisture and humidity.
Physical Properties for Cured System (cured 7 days at 77°F (25°C)):
- Hardness (Shore D) 86±5
- Tensile Strength (psi) 7000–8000 ASTM D-638
- Tensile Elongation (%) 3.2 ASTM D-638
- Flexural Strength (psi) 13000–13800 ASTM D-790
- Compressive Strength (psi) 12000–14000 ASTM D-695
- HDT (F) 140 ASTM D-648-264
- Water Absorption (% gain) 24 hrs <1
- Bond Strength (psi) to concrete >400, w/ 100% concrete failure
Conditions to Avoid:
- Do not apply to concrete less than 28 days old
- Do not apply to concrete with curing or sealing membranes.
- Do not apply to base concrete at a temperature less than 55ºF.